Corporate Donations and Aids
Darüşşafaka – Father’s Day Support
- As ING Bank, we are supporting the Anadolu Scholarships Program launched by Koç University to support access to quality education.
- Anadolu Scholarships Program, executed by Koç University, aims at reaching successful and underprivileged students across the country with the help of individual and corporate donators and at offering them quality education.
- In the scope of this program, as ING Bank family, we are financing 5-year education and living expenses of three students, selected by the faculty managers, after a detailed application and thorough evaluation process.
Funding Women-Oriented Organizations
- On Father’s Day, we are making a donation to the Darüşşafaka Society on behalf of our employees and supporting the education of society’s students.
Platform for Women Restarting Work
- As a signatory of United Nations Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP), ING Bank Turkey supports various non-governmental organizations that help women strengthen socially and financially within the society.
Mor Çatı Women Shelter Foundation
- Through 2016, ING Bank is going to fund the candidate development of a woman, selected by the Platform for Women Restarting Work, an organization that helps educated and experienced women,- who had taken a break from their professional life for a while-, restart working.
Turkey’s Women Entrepreneurs Association
- ING Bank supports the Mor çatı Women Shelter Foundation, which aims at raising a common awareness and form a solidarity network regarding violence against women in Turkey.
Cooperating With Unicef
- We provided international funding of a total of €30,000 from the ING Bank, the Netherlands Platform for Microfinance for the Önce Kadın Eğitim ve Üretim Merkezi (Women First Education and Production Center) in Soma. The first training program held at the center with the donated amount was on Financial Literacy. This first program was attended by Roy Budjhawan, Head of ING Microfinance and board members of KAGIDER (Turkey’s Women Entrepreneurs Association). Within the scope of the donation program, 370 women entrepreneurs benefiting from the center will be trained on topics like digitalization, marketing and social media, through 2016.
Big Support for Little Ones
Preschool Education Center– Kahramanmaraş
In the frame of “Orange Hearts” Volunteering Program, 500 ING Bank employees ran in the Istanbul Marathon. This activity helped lay foundation for the Preschool Education Center in Kahramanmaraş, another project carried out in collaboration with UNICEF Turkey.
- In the frame of ING’s global collaboration with UNICEF, each year we are helping young children get one step closer to their dreams with or social responsibility program titled Big Support for Little Ones. With the funds raised through donations of our children, we are supporting the projects UNICEF carries out in Turkey. With the fund created, we take our place within the global competition covering more than 40 countries ING operates in.